Friday, January 29, 2021

Why I Teach...

 I was raised in China during the Cultural Revolution. My parents worked in the Ship Building Factories doing accounting and administrative work. All religion then was discounted by the State. Over the years I have realized that my general leaning has been toward Buddhist. My husband was raised Catholic, attended parochial schools, and studied theology. Our common ground is humanism. We are all human and each of us will one day die. We share a common fate. Knowing this, with each person we meet means...to honor and appreciate our common humanity.We all share this predicament by virtue of having been born. 

My students are the young bright spots of our future. No kidding...my students are smart enough to run this Country. The questions they ask are so unabashed totally honest that we adults should find a way to channel their curiosity. They are absolutely brilliant.

Just a few recent thoughts. Can we all find a way?

Teacher Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment